Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fourth Cast

Adults should not break bones!!! I do not recommend this sorry experience at all. I am now on my fourth cast, but, fingers crossed this one might last the next three weeks. For some reason, other than the fact that I am weird as my DH so eloquently puts it, my hands swell up when they get hot especially at night. Imagine what happens when it tries to swell up when it is in a cast. not fun. hence the forth cast which is loose and would not win any prizes for esthetic value, but it does allow my poor hand to swell up.!! I usually have the philosophy that everything happens for a reason and something good always comes out of such misfortune..... well i am still looking for the good on this broken wrist escapade!!! There was a young guy in the fracture clinic yesterday, he was 20, and has broken both heel bones. He faces 8 weeks off his feet, surgery, and is guaranteed arthritis at an early age due to the damage. Sort of put my wrist into perspective, as all things considered this`is expected to heal fully, but might take a few months and i am sure a few doses of naproxen!

No comments: